[Ilugc] Employee Agreement of a FOSS company

Atanu Datta lfyedit2 at efyindia.com
Thu Dec 4 15:01:28 IST 2008

On Thursday 04 December 2008 14:51:15 Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On Thursday 04 Dec 2008 1:59:15 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > The implication of being a FOSS company is that, there is a culture of
> > doing exactly this. The default choice would be to make everything
> > public.
>
> cool - so there would not be any NDAs? Do the employees have to hand over
> the copyright of the open sourced code to the company?

Yes, I'm also interested in knowing who owns the copyright--the company or the
coder? As some free software does carry a tag of copyrighted by the vendor
rather than an individual or a group of individuals. So, how is it decided
whether a project should be a copyright of the FOSS company the coder is
working for, or the coder's copyright instead?

Best,
Atanu