[Ilugc] Employee Agreement of a FOSS company

Steve steve at lonetwin.net
Fri Dec 5 17:34:13 IST 2008

Whoa ! ...i'll back out a bit. I seem to have hit a nerve somewhere. This wasn't a personal attack on you, that's why i said the *thread* was trying too hard.

methinks, some clarifications are in order ...

a. It's a moot point discussing what 'constitutes' an 'FOSS' company, because, like you very rightly point out, the 'F' in FOSS also is debatable. So, one cannot really define a FOSS company.
b. I used the FSF request for copyright assignment only as an example of why ownership of copyright with the company or individual is purely a matter of preference and logic...not one of right vs. wrong
c. In terms of 'insatiable curiosity about totally trivial and irrelevant things', i have no doubt one can discuss something right until godwin's law is invoked ....or more :)

cheers,
- steve