[Ilugc] Re: Employee Agreement of a FOSS company

Manoj Srivastava srivasta at debian.org
Fri Dec 5 21:07:32 IST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04 2008, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> On Thursday 04 Dec 2008 1:51:32 pm Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> > first define what is a 'FOSS company'? The term is unclear. A company
>> > that opensources all the code it produces? Then neither the employer nor
>> > the employee get anything out of the code in terms of IPR. But such a
>> > company will not last for more than 5 minutes.
>>
>>         I have been working for a company for the last 8 years that
>>  produces code that is all under the GPL.  My primary activity is to
>>  write code to support the tasks we have been contracted to perform.
>>
>>         The company was founded in 1972. Seems like a very very long
>>  five minutes to me.
>
> yes, certainly more than 5 minutes ;-) - could we have some more
> details about the company? And the employees contract?

        http://www.stdc.com/. What do you want to know about my
 contract?  The company copyright policy is to opensource the code we
 write; code I do on my time belongs to me, and I am not sure I want to
 share benefits details with the internet.

        manoj
--
Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their
blunders. Nietzsche