[Ilugc] MS Script on Firefox ?

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 00:37:32 IST 2008

On Saturday 06 Dec 2008, ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்|Sri Ramadoss M wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 12:22 PM, ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்|Sri Ramadoss M
>
> <amachu at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Mehul Ved <mehul.n.ved at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Which script? VBScript?
> >
> > It is a GE Health Care application at a Hospital.
>
> I shall give the link to that product after another inquiry. I do not
> remember it now. It simply refused to open saying it is not IE or MS
> Script is needed.
>
> Wondered how proprietary people lock customers through such solutions
> providers. That needs IE which in turn needs Windows.. Obvioulsy an
> anti-virus.. Huh!

This is not surprising.  I have come acros e-governance sites that
require Windows/IE to transact with the govt.   On one hand the govt.
claims it is all for open standards, yet some of the implementation is
left in the hands of the contractors that design Windows/IE specific
restrictive web applications.

--
Arun Khan