[Ilugc] Re: X11 commands

Mohan R mohan43u at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 01:20:21 IST 2008

Bharathi Subramanian wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Mohan R wrote:
>
>> Is there any place where I can get all X11 commands and their usage?
>
> In old distros, the X11 commands will be in /usr/X11R6/bin and man
> pages in /usr/X11R6/man. But now commands are mixed and placed in
> common location like /usr/bin,...
>
> Bye :)

Assuming all X commands start with [Xx]* here I got a commandline to get
most of the X commands.

$ find /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin -name '[Xx]*' | xargs -n 1 basename
| xargs man -f | grep -v 'nothing appropriate'

Is there any other location that I need to add?. anyway thanks for the
input. I'll go through the man pages to get something about X11.

Thanks,
Mohan R.