[Ilugc] Backup options?

Girish Venkatachalam girishvenkatachalam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 13:09:19 IST 2008

On 01:19:32 Dec 09, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> I have used amanda quite extensively, and now regularly use backula.
> However, there is zero desire on my part to quote their docs to you.

The docs drive me mad.

> Why dont you go ahead and provide some details on what you are looking
> to backup, what the storage system is going to be like and the various
> use scenarios. that would make recommendations and comments from
> everyone else a lot easier and relevant to your situation.

I am not looking for recommendations. That would not be the right thing
to do IMHO.

It is my onus to figure that out for myself. Most likely I will settle
for the ones based on librsync like duplicity.

I only wanted to know what your experiences were. I deliberately left
the question vague to promote discussion for the archives and for the
benefit of others looking to learn.

-Girish