[Ilugc] Need contributors for a open source project.

Vamsee Kanakala vamlists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 17:53:53 IST 2008

Prakash A S wrote:
> Dear All,
>         I am searching some enthusiast students for one of my open source
> project called "Accelerometer based Wireless joystick". The students should
> have basic knowledge in embedded systems, Linux and C programming language.
> The project duration is 3 months. For further details, contact me in
> offline. Refer your friends for the same.

Just wondering, isn't it easier to attract people if you could explain a
little more about the project in the mail itself, since you took the
trouble to write it in the first place? Accelerometer in which device
would be a start (the development platforms differ based on the device,
right?).

Also, having a working prototype or at least some code in a repo would
be much more convincing. How do you know it will take exactly 3 months?
Isn't easier to break it down into "achievable goals in 3 months" or
some such? That would help people in deciding whether to get more
details about "your" open source project.

V.