[Ilugc] Dec Month ILUGC Meet

Ashok Gautham thescriptdevil at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 14:37:00 IST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves
<lawgon at thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> On Sunday 14 Dec 2008 1:44:05 pm benedict nicholas wrote:
> > Todays self financing colleges are run like schools. Keep students
> occupied
> > all 7 hours.  No choice to bunk any period in between as some of us used
> > do.
>
> just tell me which college you are in - as long as it is under Anna
> University, I will arrange special permission for you to attend the
> meetings - this goes for all students/faculty

I am in Meenakshi Sundararajan Engineering College. Well, getting
permissions to attend the meeting is one thing. I will still be missing
classes and tests (Well... In fact I like being in college when the coll
works. I am well above average in studies, but still I would dislike missing
classes.)

I most certainly can "bunk" or get permission to attend the
meet once a month. But again at my college, we are offered a max
of 3 to 4 days off every semester. If I bunk for the sake of this meet,
I would miss out on a chance to bunk during critical times like my
upcoming GATE in Feb

This seems to be an indirect and rather "hacky" solution to the
problem. If there is no problem in shifting the day, I wonder why it
should not be.

And Roshan,
>> Like The Bangles sing it, "Sunday is my Fun Day"!
>Bingo!  That's the reason. :)
LUG meets are real fun! :P

---
Ashok `ScriptDevil` Gautham