[Ilugc] Re: ILUC Meet on Saturday

Bhargav Prasanna bhargavprasanna at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 07:30:07 IST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 3:31 PM, ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்|Sri Ramadoss M
<amachu at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Bhargav Prasanna
> <bhargavprasanna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I belong to the same college as that of Ashok.. And i have the same
>> problem.. I'm unable to attend the meet cuz of college..
>>
>> The college btw is Meenakshi Sundararajan Engineering College,
>> Kodambakkam, Chennai.
>>

> Hey,
>
> there is nothing like it has to happen only at IIT and on Second
> Saturdays. If possible host another meet may be on third Sunday at
> your own College.
>
> Your College is near Railway Station and has a Bus stop at a Better
> reach place when compared to current IIT's TeNet Hall in my opinion..
>
> Previous attempts were made at MIT also, and I am not sure for what
> reason it got discontinued..
>
> Can you people come forward organize a monthly meet up at Meenakshi College?
>
> Remember you have take up the responsibility of what Bharathi does,
> Call for speakers, make an arrangement and most important thing, it
> has to be done continuously..
>
> --
> ஆமாச்சு

Conducting meetings on saturdays in our college (be it any saturday of
the month) is out of the question.. Its because the college works 8.30
to 16.30 on saturdays (all of them).. We can try and get permission
for a Sunday meet though.. Again, getting permission depends on who
you're approaching.. Staff in my department (EEE) don't know Linux has
GUI.. Whats even worse is that there are many teachers in IT and CSE
departments hate Linux (for some reason).. Ashok has even told me
about a teacher explaining to his class "Why Windows is the world's
best OS" during an OS lab session..
--
Sin Cera,
Bhargav Prasanna