[Ilugc] Re: [OT] Online Survey on the awareness/usage of Open Source

K.C. Ramakrishna kcramakrishna at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 12:27:29 IST 2008

>PS. The study does not deal about data privacy  which is against  OSS fundamentals.

Data privacy is actually encouraged. RMS actually called the SaaS model flawed (though I don't fully agree) as we are giving control of our data to 3rd party service providers and hence implies that we do not have full control (including privacy). One of the reasons for FOSS is to prevent backdoors and hence boost privacy.
FOSS is against proprietary software and not against data privacy. Simple and obvious examples are personal data, medical history, financial data etc.

Thanks,
kc
K. C. Ramakrishna
www.rknowsys.com