[Ilugc] Resolution problem with Arch Linux and Xfce

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Mon Dec 15 15:59:46 IST 2008

Hello,

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Bhargav Prasanna wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Kumar Appaiah
> <a.kumar at alumni.iitm.ac.in> wrote:
> > Could you please tell me what video adapter you have? I guess setting
> > the right one in xorg.conf might solve your problems. Also, I suspect
> > even "vesa" should work, though I am not sure if that is what you
> > want. lspci |grep -i [g]raphics might give the exact details.

> I have an Intel based Graphics Adapter. I have generated and tried
> xorg.conf.vesa using hwd.

Please read the help that has been posted. Kumar asked you to provide
the output of lspci. That will help people on the list who want to
help you.

I would be surprised if a recent Linux distribution like Ubuntu Ibex
or Fedora 10 does not manage to fix your X window server
"automagically", however it has been known to happen. :-(

Regards,

Kapil.