[Ilugc] fedora9 - cannot bring laptop out of sleep after closing lid

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 17:18:42 IST 2008

On Monday 15 Dec 2008, Ashish Verma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to bring my laptop out of sleep after I reopen the lid. I
> have to restart the system after I close and open the lid. I tried
> the steps in the below URL, but it did not help.

Check your configuration.  It may be set to "hibernate" and
not "suspend" when you close the lid.  I guess by "restart" you mean
power on.  If so, does it restore the desktop to the state a priori to
closing the lid?  If this works then hibernate works for your lappy.

> If however, the laptop sleeps due to long inactivity, I can bring it
> back by hitting any key. Please suggest.

This tells us that "suspend" is also working on your lappy.  See above
comment.

--
Arun Khan