[Ilugc] fedora9 - cannot bring laptop out of sleep after closing lid

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Mon Dec 15 17:29:52 IST 2008

Hello,

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Ashish Verma wrote:
> I am unable to bring my laptop out of sleep after I reopen the lid. I have
> to restart the system after I close and open the lid. I tried the steps in
> the below URL, but it did not help.
>
> http://www.linux.com/articles/54610

This is a very old article and the support for ACPI has improved
quite a bit since then. This does not mean that "suspend to ram" is a
"solved problem". :-(

There are many solutions but most of them depend on accurate
information about the ACPI support for the specific laptop so
it really depends quite a bit on the specific make that you have.

Please check a more recent source of information for suspend-to-ram
and suspend-to-disk under fedora 9.

Regards,

Kapil.