[Ilugc] Resolution problem with Arch Linux and Xfce

Kumar Appaiah a.kumar at alumni.iitm.ac.in
Mon Dec 15 17:51:25 IST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 04:16:06PM +0530, Bhargav Prasanna wrote:
> lscpi output on Ubuntu:
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation
> 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 01)
>
> I guess it doesn't matter whether i run Ubuntu or Arch. The output
> will be same right?

Yes, and i810 (or intel) should have worked with Arch Linux. The next
step would have been to try to start X on Arch Linux, and hunt for
errors (lines having EE in them) in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, and see why X
is unhappy. But, anyway, you've shifted to something else, so it
doesn't matter now...

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah