[Ilugc] Re: ILUC Meet on Saturday

ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்|Sri Ramadoss M amachu at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 15 23:26:57 IST 2008

>> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Arun Khan <knura at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Being a member of several LUG lists, I will say that the quality of help
> from FOSS/Linux mailings lists/forums is equal or better than the paid
> support especially when users have done some home work and then sought
> help.

Well.. I just say at this point of time, in my experience, proprietary
people understand a "User" better than FOSS people...

That dragged me to that previous statement..

What "Users" (again not Students & Computer Science Professionals)
want is Software that works on installation, do things that they
expect and not pointers how to make it work..

I hope I change my opinion asap :-)

--

Aamachu