[Ilugc] Backup of Large File, error.

Venkatesh Nandakumar venkatesh88 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 19:40:11 IST 2008

Hi,

I've mounted a samba share (smbfs), and tried to backup my files, to it.
I tried 3 methods, using file-roller GUI(creating tar on mounted
drive), normal 'cp -R' method, and rsync. All of them failed in
between, because some (2) files are very large in size, 2.9GB, and
4.3GB.
What could possibly be the mistake? It usually gives some message
like, "Large File Size", or something, rsync just fails, with some
error.

Will creating an iso, with 'dd' help/work?

Also, I want to include all hidden files, so, should I need to turn
'shopt dotglob' on?

Thanks,
Venkatesh Nandakumar