[Ilugc] is FOSS methodology structured ?

ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்|Sri Ramadoss M amachu at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 17 22:49:22 IST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Selvakumar Rajeswaran
<selva_rsr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> All the above scenarios are just plain depiction without adequate parametric quantification, as such scenarios usually happen in both FOSS projects and non-FOSS projects as they are intrinsic in any development process.
> Any system is said to have good maintenability if its maintenance requirement is nearly-zero ie, maintenance-free (or atleast to the practicaly minimum possible extent). So, FOSS obviously doesn't qualify to have a good maintenability (as wherever we turn our heads we hear about bug-fixing in FOSS).

Hmm..

FOSS is all about maitainers.. No owners.. But We have thousands of
mainteners maintaining each and every software that comes with a
Standard distribution..

Its not a easy job.. The amount effort that goes into it.. to make
maintaining an art by itself.. what do think rpm and deb are all
about?

Sri Ramadoss M