[Ilugc] [OT] Online Survey on the awareness/usage of Open Source Software and Enterprise 2.0

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:14:36 IST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Mano <manokaran at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess you mean data lock in!!! Privacy itself is of supreme concern in OSS.

     I get some doubts here regarding privacy. In GNU/Linux or any
other UNIX, the default file permissions are 755, which means that
anybody who logs into that system can read/execute any of our files.
This means that there is no data privacy by default, unless we change
the umask ? Or am I wrong ?

    I feel that OSS's concern is more about data ownership than about
data privacy.

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.

Mail: benignbala at gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/