[Ilugc] FOSS Conference-2009 suggestion

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 22:47:01 IST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:39 PM, sugantha <sugantha19 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello Everyone...I belong to Jerusalem College of Engineering and today I
> had a talk with our HOD about organizing the conference in our college. She
> was interested

Nice to see a college coming forward to organise fossconf.

> and wanted to know more like.. How many rooms will be
> needed?...

That depends on the size and scope of the event planned . Previous year
there was one main auditorium with 7 lecture halls and one arena where demo
stalls are kept.
http://registration.fossconf.in/web/displayschedule/  for more details.

What the college gets out of it..?

Though question ... students will get  lot of knowledge and experience.
College will become famous , being the host of a FOSS event in south india.

> How many are expected in the
> days of the conference..? etc.

Again it depends on how it is going to be planned this year.  I am not sure
about  last year statistics . Probably 1000 students participated as far as
I can guess.

> .She said  only with all these details she can
> take the matter to the principal for  his permission...

yes they need the information and lug will provide youu soon :)

> Since I am also a
> newbie here I could'nt answer those very well..So if LUG is still undecided
> about the venue and if they are ok with my college then kindly reply, I ll
> PM you her contact no so that one of the mods here can explain things to
> her
> firsthand...

All the Best !
Regards,