[Ilugc] Quasar - Accounting Package

senthilraja P technocraze at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 12:01:33 IST 2008

I tried openerp, and its UI is very good..  it needs some level of training
for using it..

But the value of the software can be ascertanined only based on how
successfully it is developed..

Openerp uses postgresql..  UI based on GTK library....

dont know how tinyERP can suit this..

I think, if we could project the business usability of open source tools
such as tinyERP, openerp, ERP5 (exclusively for apparels industry), and
openbravo, opentaps etc, we can popularise FLOSS tools very easily..

Currently, i am using gnuCash for maintaining my personal accounts..  but
the reporting seems to be not user friendly..  but for maintaining personal
accounts, its a very good tool..

Regards,
Senthil