[Ilugc] Reading data in a virtual OS

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Wed Dec 24 08:18:14 IST 2008

Hello,

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, abdullah abdul Khadir wrote:
> For example suppose I am running windows
> on qemu can I access some part of the debian file system from within
> windows?

Virtual network access allows you to use samba or nfs from within the
virtual os.

For file transfer you may find ssh easier.

For transferring a single file you may find netcat easier still.

All of this applies to any two computers connected via a network of
course. In the virtual case, the "network" is virtual and so transfers
are significantly faster. :)

Kapil.