[Ilugc] Re: ilugc Digest, Vol 55, Issue 75

abdullah abdul Khadir abdullah.ak2002 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 19:29:53 IST 2008

Hello,

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 22:10:14 +0530  "Shakthi Kannan"  <shakthimaan at gmail.com>
> wrote :
>
> Hi,
>
> --- On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 9:46 PM, abdullah abdul Khadir
> <abdullah.ak2002 at gmail.com> wrote:
> | Also can i attach a usb and read the data from the usb?
> \--
>
> Qemu USB emulation:
> http://bellard.org/qemu/qemu-doc.html#SEC33

Tried it using -usbdevice /dev/sdb1 command line option.
Does not seem to be working.

From: Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil at imsc.res.in>
> Subject: Re: [Ilugc] Reading data in a virtual OS
>
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, abdullah abdul Khadir wrote:
> > For example suppose I am running windows
> > on qemu can I access some part of the debian file system from within
> > windows?
>
> Virtual network access allows you to use samba or nfs from within the
> virtual os.

Unfortunately i am not familiar with samba or nfs, I know about their
existence though. Have never tried them out and don't want to at the moment
as i believe the learning curve to do sistart it is a bit high.

> For file transfer you may find ssh easier.

Indeed ssh is eady and i made it work. However i still do not know how to
copy using ssh from putty into a windows folder.