[Ilugc] beginner in python needing help

Raja Subramanian rajasuperman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 13:04:09 IST 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Vamsee Kanakala <vamlists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not so sure. PHP is not exactly a general purpose language. It's meant
> for writing web apps. And db-driven ones at that. They are bound to get big
> sooner or later. Not providing for re-use and maintainability is a fairly
> big omission, imho.

+1

I would image a typical use case for php is to connect to a backend
DB and generate html.  In this situation, I can't understand why a DB
abstraction layer is also not a part of the standard libraries.

I can't get why mysql_*(), mysqli_(), pg_*(), etc still exist when we
have adodb, peardb, etc.

- Raja