[Ilugc] beginner in python needing help

S.Ramaswamy srsy70 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:13:36 IST 2008

> I'm not so sure. PHP is not exactly a general purpose language. It's meant
> for writing web apps. And db-driven ones at that.

Not true. The FreeBSD based router m0n0wall uses php for all of it's
startup/init
scripts. There's nothing intrinsically webbish about php although the original
intent was to cook up something similar to ASP (from whatever I have gathered
by listening to Rasmus Lerdorf at FOSS.in) .

As for python based templating systems that allow python code and html to be
mixed together, there are quite a few - Kid, for instance.

Classic case of 'Worse is better'.

Ramaswamy