[Ilugc] Re: ilugc Digest, Vol 55, Issue 79

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Fri Dec 26 17:40:51 IST 2008

On Friday 26 Dec 2008 2:21:25 pm prince universe wrote:
> > become
> > a programmer - I have been writing code for the last 22 years, but still
> > do not consider myself a programmer.
>
>     What does this reflects? Are you such a bad programmer or still trying
> to become a programmer.

 I write good, clean code which works - but I know zilch about programming.
When someone talks about namespaces I get a headache

> Then should study some basic course in programming
> to get your fundamentals right.

I do not think that one can learn programming from a course - basic or
otherwise. (At least, I cannot)

> Any tom , dick or harry cannot do good
> programming.. , yes they can write programs to make themselves happy but
> not good programs (which are defect free and serves the intended purpose).

please give me some tips on how to become a programmer.

--
regards
KG