[Ilugc] Wireless cards available locally that work on Debian

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 00:00:13 IST 2008

2008/12/28 Roshan George <roshan at arjie.com>:
> What wireless cards would you recommend that I can get locally? I have
> an 802.11-g network at home using WEP, and the way the rooms are located
> using an ethernet cable is simply out of the question. I'm planning on
> using Debian Etch for the computer with this card, but I wouldn't mind
> running a newer distribution (though I'd prefer to stay with
> Debian-based ones). Also, do any of those cards listed above work on
> Linux? The web gives conflicting answers.

Check if you can get any of the listed ones locally.
http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/net/wireless/cards.html

I would suggest you use debian lenny (expected release Jan - already 4
months behind schedule, but AFAIK only thing that holding back the
release is the installer and that is expected to be out in jan)

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)