[Ilugc] Wireless cards available locally that work on Debian

Roshan George roshan at arjie.com
Mon Dec 29 16:37:27 IST 2008

Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com>:
> Check if you can get any of the listed ones locally.
> http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/net/wireless/cards.html

It doesn't look like any of those are available (except perhaps the
WMP54G, I should check the version available). Do you know of a store
that sells a card other than the following?

> * Linksys WMP54G
> * D-Link DWL G510
> * D-Link DWA 510
> * The D-Link DWL-G520

> I would suggest you use debian lenny (expected release Jan - already 4
> months behind schedule, but AFAIK only thing that holding back the
> release is the installer and that is expected to be out in jan)

Very well, should I wait till January until it is released or will it
make no difference if I download whatever Lenny version is currently
distributed and upgrade that as time goes on? I remember Ubuntu's
upgrades being notoriously unreliable.

Thank you,
--
Roshan George <roshan at arjie.com>

PS: How on earth does one reply to a digest and still maintain
threading? I've switched to using single mail now, but I prefer the
digest. There has to be an easier way than manually adjusting the
subject line.