[Ilugc] Wireless cards available locally that work on Debian

Roshan George roshan at arjie.com
Mon Dec 29 16:48:06 IST 2008

Arun Khan <knura at yahoo.com>:

> WEP can be cracked (with relative ease), it is almost as good as
> setting your WiFi AP w/o any encryption. Pls. consider using WPA or
> WPA2.

Thank you, I did take this into account when first setting up the
router. However, at the time, it was very hard to get WPA working
(considering that I had to use ndiswrapper to get wireless on one
desktop) and so I settled for WEP. After searching the Internet, I came
to the conclusion that I was safe because the only time I use my card is
when I'm on secure websites (ones with a signed SSL certificate)? My
mail server also uses TLS. Am I at risk despite this?

Roshan George <roshan at arjie.com>