[Ilugc] Centralized Tamil Spell checker for GNU/LINUX

Sri Ramadoss M shriramadhas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 09:16:47 IST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 1:27 PM, S.Selvam Siva <s.selvamsiva at gmail.com>wrote:

> so what i have done so far ?
>
> 1.Extracted 14,000 Tamil words from Aspell-ta
> 2.Doing research on Aspell, Kspell, hunspell etc
> 3.I am writing a Tamil spell checker engine module in python which can be
> integrated text editors and browsers
> 4.I have written a plug-in for gedit with Py-GTK toolkit for GUI which
> makes
> use of our tamil spell checker engine module which is under development

Hey,

It was really heartening to see you code for the cause of Tamil, last
Saturday. Two years back, while taking up translations work (than coding as
priority), thought there are lot of techies around and there will be enough
number of  programmers coming forward to code and contribute for Tamil after
seeing discussions in mailing lists around.

That turned out to be a myth. At times used to feel, even deaf and dumb
(with due respect to them) used to get more encouragement and contributions
than people knowing to read, write and communicate effectively in Tamil
alone.

Hats off to you & all programmers who code for the cause of their respective
languages & society. Hope more people join the efforts and myth becomes
reality.

Cheers!

Sri Ramadoss M