[Ilugc] Linux - File hiding tool

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:17:56 IST 2008

Hi,

--- On Feb 5, 2008 4:35 PM, lakshmi pathi <lakshmipathi.g at gmail.com> wrote:
| http://freshmeat.net/projects/exthide
\--

I have only looked briefly at this for now. Some quick things:

* It is a ChangeLog file, and not a changelog file.

* There are lot of ^M characters on your sources. Please clean it.

* You are to use Copyright (C) [1]. In init.c you put it as Copyright,
but, in other files you have used Copyleft?

* You should put the license [1] information below the copyright
notice in the .c files.

* Except for open(), you otherwise don't do any return value checks
for function calls.

* What coding style and indentation is this? There is no consistency.
For example, see src/file.c.

* Use /* */ commenting style if using GNU coding style, and no //
style commenting (1. // style used by C++ developers, 2. looks like
quick, ugly and dirty work).

* You are to use a top-level Makefile that invokes Makefiles in
sub-directories.

* With gcc-4.1.2 on Debian, I get a lot of warnings. I also get unused
variable declarations. Please clean them.

* I'd suggest that you clean your code and run valgrind and splint on
your code, before you actually submit it.

* Your documentation is in .doc? Use ASCII text or HTML or SGML or ps
or pdf or OpenOffice or any other FOSS standard. Your documentation
doesn't have any indexing at all.

SK

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

--