[Ilugc] Linux - File hiding tool
lakshmipathi.g at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 18:00:54 IST 2008
Thanks for your comments/feedback.
See inline comments.
* It is a ChangeLog file, and not a changelog file.
-> Yes.I'll change it upcoming versions.
* There are lot of ^M characters on your sources. Please clean it.
* You are to use Copyright (C) . In init.c you put it as Copyright,
but, in other files you have used Copyleft?
-> In some files,i used cut-and-pasted from my previous tools
file header.something got mixed up,here.
I'll change these too.
* You should put the license  information below the copyright
notice in the .c files.
-> I'm not sure about this.I'll check and do.
* Except for open(), you otherwise don't do any return value checks
for function calls.
-> Yes.Here comes the real part.To be honest - i just wanted release
binary version of the tool - as i know i didn't follow any coding
In the end ,it released source code too- that's oss.
I'll cleanup this code part in coming versions.
* What coding style and indentation is this? There is no consistency.
For example, see src/file.c.
* Use /* */ commenting style if using GNU coding style, and no //
style commenting (1. // style used by C++ developers, 2. looks like
quick, ugly and dirty work).
->Above comments applicable here.
* You are to use a top-level Makefile that invokes Makefiles in
-> Yes.I'll do.
* With gcc-4.1.2 on Debian, I get a lot of warnings. I also get unused
variable declarations. Please clean them.
* I'd suggest that you clean your code and run valgrind and splint on
your code, before you actually submit it.
-> valgrind - i never heard of that before.I'll look into it.
* Your documentation is in .doc? Use ASCII text or HTML or SGML or ps
or pdf or OpenOffice or any other FOSS standard. Your documentation
doesn't have any indexing at all.
->Even i thought it shouldn't .doc of M$ office.But i didn't have choice.
I didn't have Open Office (funny excuse- but that's the truth) in my linux.
And i don't have Fedora 7 CD to install it.Anyway is there anyone here who
can provide me Fedora 7? :-)
First of all,I hate writting documentations.But at the same time,i know docs
To keep myself interested - i chose this non-conventional way of writting.
More information about the ilugc