[Ilugc] Openoffice Problem
tshrinivasan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 11:20:17 IST 2009
> For last couple of months I have been using Openoffice 3 beta in a
> debian lenny box. Last week when I opened the app, I could not see any
> font on the application. Though the windows and buttons are all
> visible, the fonts are not visible. The application itself looks like
> a hanged windows application. I tried reinstalling the latest version,
> installed the debian's repository version, but everything gave the
> same result. What can I do to get my office suite work again properly?
> Working on Google docs is a real pain, please help.
Did you change your theme or font settings?
if so, revert back to old theme or font settings.
Here is another solution from
Start Oo word processor.
Click on the tools menu (7th from left, 3rd from right in Oo 3.0 )
The last (bottom)option on the tools menu is options.
That will open a dialog box that you won't be able to read but in the
left pane just click down the options until you see
"Options-OpenOffice.org-View" in the dialog title bar.
At this stage you should see several check boxes in the right pane.
Uncheck all of them and then click the ok button at the bottom of the
You won't be able to read it but it is the leftmost of the bottons at
The dialog should close and your menus should be readable now.
see this link also,
My experiences with Linux are here
For Free and Open Source Jobs
More information about the ilugc