[Ilugc] Attn: Final Year Project Students

LinuXpert Academy support at linuxpertacademy.com
Thu Jul 30 11:07:56 IST 2009

Hi,

LinuXpert Systems is currently developing a Netboot Terminal Server for Remote booting through PXE-UNDI technology (can be used for Remote Installation of all types of Desktop/Server Operating Systems, Diskless Booting of all Server type Operating Systems).  We use many opensource projects/tools for this development and if any final year project students is interested in this product development, we invite them to contribute for this product through new ideas/code development.

few OSS tools used in our Netboot Terminal Server

squashfs filesystem with LZMA compression
Linux Kernel 2.6.30 or above
busybox and uclibc
aufs filesystem (for stackable filesystem support)
GNU GRUB with PXE UNDI support for graphical user choosable menu item while diskless booting
dropbear SSH support for remote login/administration
rdesktop 1.6.0 client for linux
multiple virtual X-terminals (simultaneously connecting to multiple terminal servers from diskless terminals)
remote wake-up through WOL / remote administration
web based interface for DHCP management

Some useful links related to the project development:

http://www.ltsp.org
http://cult-thinclient.sourceforge.net/
http://downloads.2x.com/pxes/
http://www.thinstation.org