[Ilugc] Reg: video downloader

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Mon Nov 2 14:37:35 IST 2009

On 11/02/2009 01:46 PM, S.Ramaswamy wrote:

>>  Not sure what you mean by copy-protected, but the Video DownloadHelper
>>  extension<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006>  for
>>  Firefox will help you download videos from a number of sites.
>>

> Download Helper has an option to copy the URL, which you can then feed to
> a download accelerator like DownThemAll (another firefox addon). This is
> helpful if you are downloading large files.

Although DownloadHelper is nice an user friendly, I think i should point out
that the source code license is not:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/versions/license/76368

I'd recommend an alternate:

or any of the others here with a less offensive license:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=video&cat=1%2C5

(note that some of the tools listed there download and convert using external sites)

cheers,
- steve
--
random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/