[Ilugc] Reg: video downloader

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Mon Nov 2 20:44:19 IST 2009

Hi Aishwarya,

On 11/02/2009 06:52 PM, aishwarya . wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've uploaded two images regarding the video downloader..
> http://picasaweb.google.com/aishu.moorthy/VideoDownloader#
> In the first two images, i've shown the s/w working in the youtube site.
> In the third image you can see a video is embedded in the site.
> But as soon as i click the play button, it asks for the "download" option.
> This is very useful for videos which are embedded and for those which we
> dont get urls.
> I need some thing like that, pls do specify if there is a package like that
> for ubuntu, or else is it possible to develop any package like that?
> pls give me some suggestions..

I'm a bit confused, all the replies you received had solutions for downloading
videos. All of them work on Linux.

All of them (except for cclive ?) can recognize embedded video when you click
the play button, as you mentioned.

If you want a button next to your video (instead of the drag and drop or the
right click menu convenience of UnPlug) you can use DownloadManager and check
the appropriate option in the  preferences ('General->Appearance') dialog.

cheers,
- steve

--
random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/