[Ilugc] Suggestion are invited for foss jobs website for India

Shrinivasan T tshrinivasan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:12:51 IST 2009

Good to hear this.

A site for FOSS Jobs.

Great initiative.

> * Any body will be able to post without registration

Consider the security issues.

Keep in moderation.

> * posting will include category
> ** (HELP HELP) please suggest job category
> *** C++, Java , Python, Javascript, Web, html5, Graphics designer,
> CSS, C, EmbeddedC, Andriod

There wont be any end for categories. Let the public to put their own
categories like tags.

> **** want some more
> * posting will include type of job
> *** full time, parttime, freelance

Add Work from home.

> *** (HELP HELP ) suggest some more type -- volunteer, trainer,

Give option to give the details of the place too.

> (HELP HELP) Anything else you want on such foss job board ? mail me

Give RSS facility.
Give updates via twitter, identica,
Give email subscription facility.

Give search options.

For example, I have to search like this,
Linux jobs in chennai
php jobs in delhi

Give links to other job sites and mailing lists.

My experiences with Linux are here

For Free and Open Source Jobs