[Ilugc] Using More than one Proxy in same network

Mohan Sundaram mohan.tux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:36:24 IST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Ramesh Jothimani
<linuxrockers at gmail.com> wrote:
>>I am using Ubuntu 9.10 in my system which I am using as server. The main
> server is running with RHEL . The ip of main server is 165.165.100.2 and my
> Ubuntu >Machine is 165.165.42.70 . Both are using port numbers 3128. I am
> not clear about how to configure my Ubuntu machine to access internet by
> using main
>>server (165.165.100.2) as proxy ?

1.  Disable squid on your machine, run a browser and see if you are
able to reach the net. If you are, then check the browser config to
see if there is a proxy configured. If not, then the main squid server
is configured as a transparent proxy. In such a case your squir server
need not be aware by configuration of the main squid server.

2. In case the main squid server is not a transparent proxy, you'll
need to forward requests. For this, see SquidFAQ cache heirarchy
section in http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CacheHierarchy

-- Mohan Sundaram