[Ilugc] Open Source Lab Syllabus
victor.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 17:54:27 IST 2010
some more questions again.
Sorry for troubling you much.
1. How many of the staff of colleges know the following things?
writing userspace drivers using fuse
Version Control System
Text processing with Perl
I dont know why my son and his friends are laughing after
seeing the syllabus.
2. Do NRCFOSS staff goto each college and setup FOSS LAB Server?
or guide them remotely?
3. How the colleges are going to get support for setting up the LAB?
4. It may take some time for NRCFOSS to prepare and study materials.
Eventhough college staff get some PDF files,
is it possible for them to teach those things to students practically?
5. Is there any FDP programme arranged for the Teaching staff in all colleges?
6. Is there any progress to make FOSS as essential theory paper?
7. Why they removed it from elective?
8. Why the syllabus has so many commercial products to learn?
The commercial products are.
OOAD LAB -
ArgoUML, Eclipse IDE, Visual Paradigm, Visual case, and Rational Suite
INTERNET PROGRAMMING LAB - Filled with Java exercises.
COMPUTER GRAPHICS LABORATORY -
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS:
1) Turbo C
2) Visual C++ with OPENGL
3) Any 3D animation software like 3DSMAX, Maya, Blender
VISUAL PROGRAMMING - filled with VC++ and .NET
ADVANCED JAVA PROGRAMMING - Full Theory paper
WEB TECHNOLOGY - Theory Paper - Again filled with Java
C# and .NET Framework - Full Theory paper
I have to think on selling my house,
if my son wants those software -
Visual Paradigm, Visual case, and Rational Suite
Visual C++ with OPENGL
Any 3D animation software like 3DSMAX, Maya
VC++,C# and .NET
9. You can say that there are free software also mentioned like
Eclipse, AgroUML, Blender.
What to do if the colleges are not using any free software?
What to do if the colleges insist students to use only commercial
software that they use/know.?
If they do so, where to report it?
Sorry for the multiple questions and troubles.
Really, it may happen to pay much if my son ask those software
if the college asks him to use only commercial software.
I dont want to loss our house just to buy software.
Thanks a lot.
More information about the ilugc