[Ilugc] Mailing List Guidelines: Monthly reminder
ashwin.chn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 23:36:09 IST 2010
Mailing List Guidelines: Monthly reminder
1. English is the medium of communication in this mailing list, so use
only english in the mailing list. For people wanting to expressing
themselves in Tamil, ILUGC's Tamil mailing list exist. For joining ILUGC Tamil:
2. Use a proper subject line.
3. Do not troll in the mailing list
4. Use [OT] for off-topic, non-technical discussions.
But, don't misuse this to start flame wars or to troll
in the mailing list.
5. Do not top-post:
Because it messes up the order in which
people normally read text.
Example of a top-post:
> > Why is top-posting
> > such a bad thing?
> > What is the most
> > annoying thing in e-mail?
Use interleaved, trimmed posting
--- Foo Bar<foo.bar at gmail.com> wrote:
> could design good
> application forms using tex
> CTAN doesn't seem to give me anything.
Check this example (Observing Time Application Form):
6. Do not over-quote:
Example of an over-quote:
>>> On Friday you said
>>> blah blah blah
>> On Saturday you said
>> foo foo foo
> On Sunday you said
7. Do not post HTML messages
8. Do not recycle messages
9. Do not send attachments
10. Do not attach obnoxious, nonsensical legal
disclaimers. If your company uses disclaimers, don't
use your company ID for the mailing list.
11. Do not reply to a digest. (If you are in digest
mode and want to reply to a post use ILUGC Gmane blog
12. Search for answers for your questions/problems in
google.com or any other search engine before posting
your query to the mailing list.
13. Do not post messages in all capital letters. Mails
in CAPS is considered rude and is similar to shouting
during a conversation.
14. Following these guidelines could be helpful
15. Don't send season's greetings or birthday or social networking site
invites to the group. Its not mailing list etiquette.
We must use the above guidelines to maintain better
readability, proper archives, efficient bandwidth
If any of the above are not clear to you, Please read
the detailed list guidelines:
More information about the ilugc