[Ilugc] postfix quota

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:52:02 IST 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 6:05 AM, Gopal Krishna
<gopalakrishna99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Centos 5.4 x86_64 postfix-2.9.3-1 quota is not working.

I believe 5.4 is no longer supported,  I would suggest investigate an
upgrade strategy to the latest release, factoring in  due diligence.

> I am using
> courier-imap,LDAP, interface is squirrellmail. Quota size taken from
> courier-imap & using command is maildirmake -q 10240000S testing/ .

This is a quota defined by courier but your SMTP server is postfix.

> That  postfix previous versions is working fine without interrupt.

What was the previous version?   Did you save it's config files esp.
main.cf file before upgrading to 2.9.3-1?

To the best of my knowledge, postfix will apply quota upon receipt of
mail as per it's own settings and not read courier settings.   I think
you will need to tinker with postfix's configuration to enforce quota.

Besides, if the Maildir in the user's home directory you also need to
factor in the file system quota.

--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to