[Ilugc] Would copy pasting binary from one to another system work ?

Mohan R mohan43u at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:17:46 IST 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 16:23 +0530, Arun Khan wrote:

> Only you know the time you spent on getting this to work but I think
> it would have a lot faster to do a simple "apt-get install dnsutils".

I think the Op know how to do apt-get, but he decided to play with
libraries.

As long as *Machine1* and *Machine2* is ABI compatible (OS word size,
binary format, endian etc.,) this 'mv' method will work, assuming that
the mv-ed libraries' dependencies are already present in *Machine2*.

Well, instead of 'mv'-ing libraries, why cant you just download the
source tarball of dnsutils and do-yourself source compilation. Trust me,
its a real fun!! welcome to the dependency hell!!

Thanks,
Mohan R