[Ilugc] Would copy pasting binary from one to another system work ?

Mohan R mohan43u at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 14:43:30 IST 2012

On Sat, 2012-08-18 at 13:00 +0530, Balasubramaniam Natarajan wrote:

> Finding the dependency was not very hard we can very well use strace
> <command> to see what are all the files which it requires before working
> correctly.

Is it 'strace'? or 'ldd'?

I think you didn't get the meaning of 'dependency
hell'(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dependency_hell) Its not about the
dependency files you see from ldd output. Its about how those dependency
files installed into your machine. Just try to compile dnsutils from
source, you will understand what it means. If you want more fun, go for
Gtk (http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gtk+/3.4/gtk+-3.4.4.tar.xz)

Thanks,
Mohan R