[Ilugc] 3 days FDP program at AMS college

Vignesh Nandha Kumar viky.nandha at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:15:55 IST 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM, kenneth gonsalves <lawgon at thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> I have been doing FDPs countrwide for the past 6-7 years, and the total
> number of staff members who have actively or passively joined LUG lists
> is precisely 0.

I've organised FDP as a student volunteer, working closely with the staff
members (one and half years back). From my observation, most of them
attended FDPs just for the certificates. They believe such certificates add
value to their profile and that it helps in their career growth; no
different from the attitude of majority of students. Yes, it was shocking.

There were very few staff who attended with genuine interest. But making
that interest sustain requires lot more effort than such 2-3 day
programmes, IMHO.

P.S: I'm not generalising things. I'm just saying what I observed.

--
Vignesh Nandha Kumar
http://vigneshnandhakumar.in