[Ilugc] 3 days FDP program at AMS college

Asokan Pichai pasokan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:38:58 IST 2012

On 2 July 2012 16:20, kenneth gonsalves <lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 16:03 +0530, Sundaram KR wrote:
> > > I have been doing FDPs countrwide for the past 6-7 years, and the
> > total
> > > number of staff members who have actively or passively joined LUG
> > lists
> > > is precisely 0.
> > --
> >
> > Did u threaten them or something? ;-)
>
> it is the nature of staff members in our colleges to be terrified of
> appearing foolish in front of students, so they avoid any forums where
> there is a possibility of this happening.

Hmmm. Possible. But I believe it is lot more mundane than that. Life goes on
whether they know something or not. So there is no real need to learn, much
less learn *after* a training program.

As has been mentioned more than once, the only driver for many people
-- teachers, students all-- if not a vast majority, is the certificate.

--
Asokan Pichai

*To find everything profound — that is an inconvenient trait.* It makes one
strain one's eyes all the time, and in the end one finds more than one
might have wished. -- Nietzsche