[Ilugc] why it is important to promote linux

Roshan Mathews rmathews at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:32:48 IST 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 4:57 PM, kenneth gonsalves
<lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> congratulations - I am sure you went through each of these links to find
> out where they were on the site, in what context they were there,
> whether they were put there by the authors of the site and how visible
> they are to the viewers of the site.

Those were just some random stats I found after reading your original
FUD.  But then, I'm sure that when you were saying "site" and not
"page", you went through all the sites to do your due diligence?

> And here's one more which you can add to your collection of useless
> statistics:
>
> site:microsoft.com linux    322,000

Why is that useless?  According to the Linux Foundation [1], Microsoft
was one of the largest corporate contributors of Linux in 2011.

[1] http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/04/linux-kernel-in-2011-15-million-total-lines-of-code-and-microsoft-is-a-top-contributor/

--
http://about.me/rosh