[Ilugc] why it is important to promote linux

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:44:33 IST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Roshan Mathews <rmathews at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 4:57 PM, kenneth gonsalves
> <lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:
>
> Those were just some random stats I found after reading your original
> FUD.  But then, I'm sure that when you were saying "site" and not

      I don't think it is a FUD. Until recently, they never mentioned
the term "Linux" anywhere prominently. It was only recently that they
added it up somewhere, I guess it was their about page when people
started asking pointed questions about it. And I don't the the actual
number of occurrences of the term is of any use. As long as it is not
prominent(by prominent, I mean frequently visited pages, and the
ability to view it without having to do lots of scrolling), it is as
good as not being mentioned at all. Even then, I don't know how the
count across the whole site matters. Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami Vivekananda

Mail: benignbala at gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/