[Ilugc] best practices for backup and restore on upgrading

Mohan Sundaram mohan.tux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 07:11:10 IST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Vignesh Nandha Kumar
<viky.nandha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Installing /home in a different partition than the root is helpful to some
> extent.

This worked well for me too. In addition, I made sure that apps that
install are also in a non-system partition so that reinstall keeps
these apps safe and the need to re-install is less. Inspite of this,
to keep  compatibility as OS changes, I still have to install a few
core apps like mail client, monitoring utilities.

-- Mohan Sundaram