[Ilugc] issues with top and bottom posting

kenneth gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Wed Jul 4 12:12:05 IST 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 18:58 +0530, Shrinivasan T wrote:
> in all the three examples, we can get the message fully as we know how
> read top, bottom and middle replies.

speak for yourself - I find it very time consuming and difficult.

> can anyone share some links from our list archives or any other
> mailing
> list archives, that we can not get the information due to top or
> bottom
> posting?

that has been shared

> i think we crossed the era of bandwidth problems in personal email
> systems.

this has nothing to do with the subject - the purpose of encouraging
correct posting is to ensure clarity, not to save bandwidth.

> i love the style of replying in the middle of the mails.

good
>  but can not get
> the strong reasons to ask others to avoid top and bottom posting.

you mean the collective wisdom of over 30 years of experience of lakhs
of people worldwide in the open source community is insufficient for
you?

> as for as they reply in a style which any one can read and understand
> the
> information, it is ok in my opinion.

and the only such style is interleaved posting

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves