[Ilugc] unable to access through proxy

smal at ccmb.res.in smal at ccmb.res.in
Wed Jul 4 12:15:57 IST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mehul Ved" <mehul.n.ved at gmail.com>
To: "ILUG-C" <ilugc at ae.iitm.ac.in>
Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:57:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Ilugc] unable to access through proxy

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM,  <smal at ccmb.res.in> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Recently deployed a local library repository server using CENTOS 5.2 on our intranet and also configured local DNS on the same machine. I am able to do ping, resolve through nslookup, IP, hostname etc.. But the issue is that I am unable to access through proxy server via browser settings. If I remove proxy and choose "No proxy", then I am able to access through browser on intranet. What is the technical hitch invlovled in it.? could anybody help me in resolving this issue.?

You need to put the IP of the repository server under exceptions in
the proxy server.

sorry to say that Still it persists, the error message on the browseer as usual of the following

Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)

Your requested host "eprints.ccmb.res.in" could not be resolved by DNS.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

s.mahalingam