[Ilugc] Remote Desktop problem from 10.04 to 10.04

Balasubramaniam Natarajan bala150985 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:17:19 IST 2012

Hi

I installed vnc4server today and started the server like

vncserver :1

when connected I got a black screen with just the terminal.

So I went inside .vnc/xstartup and uncommented the following two lines of
session_manger and X11, now even I don't even get the command prompt.  Just
a black screen.

#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
x-terminal-emulator -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
x-window-manager &

Balasubramaniam Natarajan
www.etutorshop.com/moodle/